Skip to main content

Search from vocabulary

Content language

Concept information

Preferred term



  • From Old French raille rod, from Latin r?gula ruler, straight piece of wood. An elongated piece of wood that joins two weight-bearing parts of a piece of furniture together to ensure its stability. Depending on its arrangement, the rail is called upper, lowe r, intermediate, middle or front cross member

Broader concept

In other languages


Download this concept: